Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Here Goes!! Excited yet nervous!

Here goes! I have wanted to start a blog for a few years. I was just never sure how to get going and like all things in life, it happened when it was ready to happen. I am sure you are wondering who I am. I am a mother, daughter, sister, niece, etc yet the most important title I carry within my soul would be that I am a survivor of domestic violence. I know most people think of a survivor as a person who survived a war, cancer, or terminal illness. I consider myself a survivor as I have survived a path, started long ago, of abuse. A path paved with heartache, pain and tears yet always trusting, always giving, and constantly believing it will never happen again. If you have been a victim you will understand how I was able to fool myself into believing that it would never happen again! If you have never been a victim then please Thank God!

The past 4 years have honestly been a struggle raising 2 children on my own. Yet knowing that I am able to wake up and see my childrens' faces and some part of my body does not feel sore or bruised or worse yet, I am in the hospital is truly a gift! I have survived!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment